Be sure to check out our MMJ In The News section for important info concerning your legal rights and access to Medical Marijuana in New York State.
And Check out our Current Office Special!
Preparing For Warmer Weather
Spring cleaning is a wise tradition to clear away the stagnation of months of closed windows and doors. However, it is equally important to cleanse and prep your body for the warmer weather with inner and outer treatments to benefit skin, metabolism, and even improve dealing with the allergy season! Here are a few, easy things that you can do to spring into action!
1) Hydrate. You hear it all of the time, but seriously, not enough can be said on the benefits of proper hydration. Water can help you stay slim; boost your metabolism and energy; imrpove skin conditions and your overall appearance; and keep you healthy. More info: 34 Proven Ways Water Makes You Awesome.
2) “Lighten up” your diet. Limit your intake of saturated fats (fatty meats, bacon, sausage) and eat red meat no more than 2 times a week. Increase servings of fish and seafood up to three times a week and, of course, eat your veggies! More info: Spring Clean Your Diet With These 10 Simple Tips
3) Get moving! Yea, yea, we know… Just do it… However, exercise is always easier with a buddy. What a great age to live in where we have just about everything we can want at our fingertips! Meetup.com is a great place to find activity groups with people who share not only your fitness goals and interests, but for just about anything that you can think of, you will find some folks who are into it, too! Search for age groups, locations, specific activities, and more. Have fun!
4) Skin Care. Dealing with winter often dries skin and leaves it less than vibrant and healthy looking. The basics of preparing your skin for spring are exfoliation (gentle removal of dead skin cells), cleansing (including using a toner), and moisturizing. More info including do-it-yourself, natural recipes: 7 Ways To Prepare Your Skin For Spring
Cold, Flu, or Allergy?
The discomforts of sniffles, sneezing, and a sore throat can be confusing to know whether you’ve got a cold, flu, or allergies. Because they share so many symptoms, it can be hard to tell them apart. While cold, flu, and allergies all affect your respiratory system, making it hard to breathe, each has its own set of symptoms that set it apart from the others. Understanding the differences can greatly assist you in choosing the best treatment.
Allergies are your body’s immune system reacting to a trigger (“allergen”) that your body is sensitive to – such as dander and pollen. Respiratory tissues may swell and your nose may become stuffed up or runny and may be accompanied by watery, itchy, eyes. Allergies can last approximately 6 weeks during the pollen season (in spring, summer, and fall). These symptoms are not usually experienced with colds and flu.
Caused by viruses, both colds and flu can lead to a sore throat; congestion; a runny, stuffy nose; and coughing. The flu, however, can also cause headache, fatigue, general aches and pain, and a high fever that lasts for 3-4 days. Colds and flu do not usually last longer than 2 weeks and most people recover without medical care. (However, if symptoms last beyond 10 days or aren’t relieved by over-the-counter medicines, check with a health care provider.)
The chart below (from the National Institute of Health) offers an overview of symptoms, treatments, and more.
Medical Marijuana in The News
Being an informed patient puts you in charge of your health and healing.
We encourage you to stay up-to-date with the rapidly changing policies concerning Medical Marijuana (from farming to distribution), especially with the new administration and its choices for its officers.
ATTENTION: WhiteHouse.gov Petition to Keep The Rights of States To Govern Marijuana Laws
“On February 23, Press Secretary Sean Spicer indicated the Department of Justice might begin “greater enforcement” of federal law in states that have legalized marijuana. But during the campaign President Trump repeatedly pledged that if elected, the federal government would respect the rights of states to enact their own cannabis laws. That is a wise policy supported by a growing super-majority of voters. They know that state marijuana legalization laws hurt the cartels, fund our schools and roads, and protect public health and safety. Studies in the Journal of the American Medical Association and others have shown that states with legal and accessible medical and recreational marijuana see a significant reduction in opioid death rates…”
Read more and SIGN THE PETITION before March 25th to (1) remain independent and make your voice heard, and (2) ensure that this petition gets a response from the White House!
It is important to stay up to date with Medical Marijuana news and contact your legislators (and get on their mailing lists) to:
- keep MMJ legal in New York State and
- improve, reform, and preserve our access to MMJ under the NYS Medical Marijuana Laws
Doc Tommy’s Video Testimonials
Check it out! Here’s your chance to join Jess in being a proud supporter of Doc Tommy and his caring approach to your well-being and success with Medical Marijuana! Upload your video testimonial to our private and secure account and help other people get over the fright and plight of the stigma of MMJ! The more people who have success with MMJ, the more people who can benefit from MMJ! (Click video for full screen.) NOTE: You may wish to LOWER the video’s volume before playing.
Doc Tommy’s Charm Lands a Video Showcase!
Here’s yet another reason to know that Doc Tommy is the right doctor! Weedmaps.com (“the most reliable online resource to find cannabis storefronts, doctors and deals”) approached Doc Tommy to be the subject of this amazing video!
Only a doctor whose professionalism, expertise, and great patient relationships will yield such really, good karma! (Click video for full screen or CLICK HERE for larger video view.) NOTE: You may wish to LOWER the video’s volume before playing.
Office Policy Updates
Please review the updates to our Office Policies which provide better opportunities for your personalized care!
Current Office Special
Refer A Friend and Receive a $75 Follow-Up Visit
Now’s your chance to receive a $25 credit for each person you refer who becomes an active patient! Share your success with people who may benefit from Medical Marijuana treatment with Doc Tommy’s expertise and comforting care and receive “karma credits!” See Office Policies for more info.
Here are a few tips on how to discuss Medical Marijuana.
Join our mailing list to be kept up to date.
DocTommy News is prepared by GoddessProjects for Dr. Thomas G. O’Brien, II. All rights reserved.
Disclaimer: Please note that Doc Tommy News is presented as a resource for health tips, current events, and other interests to give patients an opportunity to expand awareness of developments concerning Medical Marijuana in the United States and abroad. The views and opinions expressed in Doc Tommy News are those of the individual authors/parties and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of The Office of Dr. Thomas G. O’Brien, II.